I have come across this question few times. Below is my response.
1. Portfolio construction: In future, artificial intelligence will be used to make better sense of the vast data available to us, and help us in determining good investment opportunities. However, portfolio construction is a subjective activity, and it is based on an investment methodology that is designed by human perspectives.
So, irrespective of the extent of the usage of technology in portfolio construction, this task will be overseen by investment experts.
2. Client relationship for ultra-high-net-worth-individuals: For individuals with high amount of investible assets, typically more than $100 million, there will be a host of complex wealth management needs such as tax planning, estate planning, succession planning, philanthropy and alternate investments. It is difficult to automate the processes and the decision-making that is involved while catering to these needs. Hence such tasks will be handled by domain experts who work with the client relationship team catering to such individuals.
- An introduction to wealth management
- An introduction to discretionary investment management
- Financial advisers and discretionary investment management
QuietGrowth has been publishing content in this blog or in other sections of the website. Contributors for this content may include the employees of QuietGrowth, or third-party firms, or third-party authors. Unless otherwise noted, such content does not necessarily represent the actual views or opinions of QuietGrowth or any of its employees, directors, or officers.
Any links provided in our website to other websites are for the purpose of convenience, or as required by any such other websites. Unless otherwise noted, this does not imply that QuietGrowth endorses, is affiliated, and/or promotes any information, or products or services of those websites. Please read the advice disclaimer section of the website too.